christophffischer

christophffischer

Fantastic

Crimson Shadow: Dance with the Devil: A Crimson Shadow Novel (Volume 4) - Nathan Squiers

“Crimson Shadow: Dance with the Devil” by Nathan Squiers is another powerful masterpiece in this series about the troubled vampiric soul of Xander Stryker.
Coming from a troubles past and background and a tormented soul Xander has come a long way, finding his allegiances and enemies, coming in to his own, learning about his powers and how to use them.
This book is no longer about his coming of age but how he defends his friends, his lover Estella and the world.
I can’t stress enough how few Vampire novels I read and thoroughly enjoy. Squiers writes with intensity and depth that makes the darkness believable and makes me feel the internal conflict of Xander.
There is originality, such as the pet tiger, and amazing characterisation, which often lacks in more stereotypical fantasy and supernatural stories.
I found myself reading this story when time was scarce, promising to get up after the next page and do what I was supposed to do.
A very compelling series, that btw benefits from a series of short stories which add spice and different perspectives to the novel length instalments.
Highly recommended.