christophffischer

christophffischer

A Pink Zombie, with a Mist: A Shaken, Not Stirred, Mystery/Horror Story (A Shaken, Not Stirred, Mystery/Horror Series) (Volume 1) - Jada Ryker

"A Pink Zombie, with a Mist: A Shaken, Not Stirred, Mystery/Horror Story (Shaken, Not Stirred, Mystery/Horror Series Book 1)" by Jada Ryker is another well written and original story by this very talented writer. I've read her other work and loved it. When Amazon sent me the release note I was over the moon. Intriguied by the title I put it on top of my review pile.
The story is complex with several layered issues - past and present. The main character 'Miss' Olivia West is a great narrative voice and for me made the story worth reading all by itself. The chemistry between Olivia and Detective Steven is well done and adds another layer of interest to the murder / horror plot.
Ryker has a knack for keeping the pace and the suspense and the story going effortlessly. I found myself immersed in the book and although I am not a massive fan of horror, this turned into a compulsive reading.
Very enjoyable.